Whilst cleaning up some old papers this evening, in preparation for junior pixels, I found a bag of memorabilia from the USA that Kitty had set aside for me. Rather than keep the various brochures, I thought I would take some photos and keep them on here to refer back to.
I flew to LAX last night and I had a few hours to spare in Los Angeles this afternoon so I caught a local ‘big blue’ bus (line 3) to Santa Monica.
It’s my first time in America so here are my first hand observtions, some expected, others not:
- The weather is weird, it was warm and sunny today although it’s winter; I wore a t-shirt but could see snow on the mountains;
- The buses are cheap; I caught one from LAX to Santa Monica for 75 cents which took over half an hour;
- The food servings are massive, my burger was huge and they keep filling up your soft drink glass for free;
- I saw a place that advertised ‘organic dry cleaning’, but I have no idea what that actually meant;
- I saw a restaurant advertising nightly turtle races (weird);
- It’s weird seeing the sun set over the Pacific ocean, it’s usually the other way round; and
- The local people who I have met have been really nice, especially the bus drivers who go out of their way to assist with directions. The waitress at the diner made me a free milkshake because it was my first time ever in an American diner.
Finally, here’s some photos I took this afternoon. I am off to Austin, Texas tomorrow, yee-haa.