I really liked the look of this garden, especially the succulents growing on the walls, and the metal sculptures: awesome.
I recently mentioned the awesome succulent (Kalanchoe Longiflora Coccinea) my sister-in-law gave us as a gift that we planted in a ceramic swam. For the last couple of weeks it has been flowering with beautiful miniture yellow flowers, too hard to resist taking a photo.
We spent the weekend reorganizing our apartment in anticipation of junior pixels. We managed to sell just about all our excess stuff to people in our building (awesome reuse), and got a few new IKEA things that are a bit more practical.
My favourite new item would be our IKEA fusion table and chair set. I love the retro styling and rounded corners, plus the chairs have backs and padded seats which is something our old stools didn’t have.
I will post some pictures of our redone rooms in coming days.
When we were in the USA last month we purchased an awesome white swan planter from Anthropology and, thanks to Kitty’s advanced packing skills, we managed to get it home in one piece.
A couple of months back my very thoughtful sister-in-law gave us a succulent similar to one I commented on at their place. I decided to plant the succulent in the swam two weeks ago and since it has begun flowering. It’s a visual delight.
Bonus points if you can name the type of succulent.
We had a pretty fun-filled weekend in Brisbane:
- Friday Night: I had a friend over from work and we drank a couple of Cascade Greens and ate some Texan Beef sausages with fried onions;
- Saturday Lunch: Kitty and I had Dim Sum at Yum Cha in the city;
- Saturday Afternoon: We went to see Yes Man at Myer Centre Cinema with some corporate vouchers we got for Christmas: quite an enjoyable movie;
- Saturday Evening: We went for a drive to Mount Coot-tha. We sat and watched the stars and city lights while drinking our BYO tea and pineapple;
- Sunday Morning: We went for a walk through South Bank and right along Boundary Street, West End. We spent some time looking in shops including the great Avid Reader store;
- Sunday Lunch: We cooked burgers. Mine looked so great Kitty took a photo:
- Sunday Evening: We met K’s little sister for takeaway in the park on Bowen Terrace looking at the Storey Bridge.
- Sunday Night: I hung the canvases I made last weekend with fabric and frames from IKEA.
They cost $8 each to make, and I still can’t decide on a favourite.
These are some clippings I scanned in this afternoon: